Travel to the last frontier of surfing – Papua New Guinea, one of the most remote and undiscovered surf destinations. Discover the surf breaks in the Kavieng region, while staying at the remote and idyllic Lissenung Island Resort.
Surf, dive or snorkel by day and relax in private, ensuite bungalows at night (twin-share). Lissenung Island caps the number of surfers and divers, staying on the island, meaning you are guaranteed no crowds in the line-up. Surf breaks are in close proximity by boat to the island, with all breaking over coral reef. The majority of the breaks are exclusive to Lissenung due to the close relationship with local island communities. On this trip you will be surfing with only your mates in an amazing tropical setting…
- 7 nights accommodation in twin-share – ensuite bungalows at Lissenung Island Resort
- 3 meals/day while at surf camp
- drinking water
- airport transfers to/from Kavieng
- local surf management fees
- 2x surf boat transfers per day
- Surf guide
What’s Not Included:
- International and domestic flights (Air Niugini to / from Cairns or Brisbane incl. 30kg of baggage allowance, connections from Sydney available, Flights can be included on request)
- Transit accommodation in Port Moresby (if required due to limited flight connections)
- PNG Visa charges(if applicable)
- Alcohol and soft drinks
- Extra activities
- Scuba diving
- Personal Travel Insurance
- Excess baggage charges
- Costs of personal nature
Lissenung Island Resort, PNG
World Class Waves
All Meals Provided
Surf-Specific Movement Analysis
This package offers daily surf coaching sessions which include:
- In Water Tuition – for understanding the line up and help get you into the best waves of the session
- Video Analysis – to improve technique
- Optional surf/theory education sessions – to better understand ocean awareness, swell prediction, surf equipment & the local surf location
- All your surf photos or video footage that gets taken by the coach
- Daily exploration of other surf spots to find the location best suited to your surfing ability
- 24/7 surf guide to assist with travel, surfing or anything else that may come to your attention when away from home
LISSENUNG ISLAND RESORT
Lissenung Island has access to a number of left and right-hand breaks in close proximity to the island. All transfers are by boat and all breaks are over coral reef. Notable surf breaks include Ral Island and Edmago left. Both breaks are very close to the island. Ral Island is a swell magnet in the area and tends to pick up swell when other breaks are not surfable.
Discover the underwater world between surfs with world class diving on offer in the Kavieng area. You will see pristine reefs, wrecks and loads of marine life. There are numerous dive sites around Lissenung Island, the closest being the house reef. Dive packages can be arranged upon request or booked directly with the staff on the island.
The friendly experienced staff will provide you with all the help and info needed to make your stay as pleasurable as possible. There is a resident surf guide and owners are on-site, so you can be ensured you are in good hands
Payment & Cancellation policy:
- 50% deposit required to secure spot
- Full payment required no later than 42 days before travel date
- If booking is made within 42 days of travel full payment is required
- No refunds within 30 days of tour commencement
- Cancellations made within 31 – 42 days will incur 25% cancellation fee
- No shows will incur 100% cancellation fee
- No refunds or name changes permitted for flights once confirmed and ticketed
Lissenung Island Resort, PNG - November 2018
Day 1: 11th Nov 2018 Australia – PNG
Depart Australia – Depart Australia (either from Cairns or Brisbane) and travel to Port Moresby. Guests from both flights meet at the airport and proceed to the domestic terminal for their flight to Kavieng. Upon arrival in Kavieng we transfer by boat to Lissenung (approx. 30 min boat trip). Welcome to Paradise! Check in and enjoy the tropical setting.
Day 2 – Day 7: 12th November – 17th November 2018
07:00am – Wake up and enjoy breakfast
08:30am – Surf session 1 – transfer to one of the local breaks. Water and light snacks provided on the boat.
13:00pm – Return to the island for lunch and rest
14:30pm – Surf session 2 – transfer to one of the local breaks. Water and light snacks provided on the boat.
17:30pm – Return late afternoon and relax. Optional house reef dives can be arranged.
18:30pm – Dinner and free time. (optional dives can be arranged with the staff for the morning. On most days you can be dropped off at the surf break and join the rest of the group after diving)
Itinerary is indicative and subject to change pending weather, swell and tidal conditions.
Day 8: 18th November 2018
04:00am – Early wake up
07:00am – Packed breakfast is provided. Transfer to Kavieng Airport by boat for the early flight to Port Moresby via Rabaul. Connect to Australia on outbound flights to Cairns and Brisbane (mid morning and early afternoon respectively)
Book onto our Lissenung Island Surf Trip
11th – 18th November 2018 Package includes return return trip to Lissenung Island Resort as well as all transport associated with travel.